Do you have a love for Christ and desire to help Sts Peter and Paul grow in achieving – One Church, encountering Jesus, equipping disciples and living mercy? If so, the Parish Council has 4 open seats that could fulfill this for you.
The Parish Council focuses on the mission of Christ in our parish by:
- Providing advice and consultation to the Fr. Bill Bond and Fr. Frank Jindra on the evaluation, planning and improvement on how the mission of Christ in the parish can be accomplished through – proclamation, community, service and celebration.
- Acts in the planning and decision-making capacity to provide and support the vision and direction for the mission of the parish.
- Partners and collaborates with the parish staff, ministries, groups, organizations and Finance Committee in providing leadership for the parish.
- Promotes and fosters Faith Based Programs, understanding of the liturgical heritage, Christian Fellowship, talents and skills of parishioner’s in relationship to stewardship, responding to the needs of the parish and initiates programs in support of the parish as appropriate.
Eligibility, Roles and Responsibilities of the Parish Council Members include:
- At least 20 years of age.
- Registered member of Sts. Peter and Paul for 1 year or more.
- Adult envelope holder or spouse of an adult envelope holder in Sts. Peter and Paul..
- Commitment in serving a 3 year term.
- Active and engaged in council activities and discussions to include attendance at the council meetings that are held the second Tuesday the month. The meetings take place in the evening and run from September through May. However additional meetings may take place during the summer months based on the activities of the council.
- During the 2nd and 3rd year of your 3 year term on the council, you must be open to acting in a leadership role on the council, to include President, Vice-President and/or Secretary.
If you are interested or if you know of a person in the parish that would be ideal for the council, nominations will take place at all Masses the weekend of March 27th and 28th. If you are unable to attend Mass, nominations must be submitted and received at the parish rectory no later than Friday, March 26th. These nominations can either be sent through regular mail or emailed to email@example.com
Parish Council Elections for the council by the parishioners is being planned for the weekend of April 17-18th.